Thursday, April 27, 2006

 
On Monday I had about a million errands to run. By 2:45 pm I was on the road heading to Canyon Camp (about 40 miles west of OKC) for a Bishop's retreat on evangelism. The content of the retreat wasn't so great, but it was good to be at the camp which is absolutely beautiful. Except it was cold. I did not take any sweatshirts, but I did take one long-sleeve shirt. I needed more warmth!

The retreat was over by 10:30 am on Wednesday so I headed back to Ada, but not before making a stop at Mardel's and then Chick-fil-a in Norman (yumyum)! Back in Ada, I had to scramble to get ready for "Romans and Christians" which UCM did with students from First Baptist Church. We had 21(?) students with about 8 other people helping. The evening went very well and I thought worship was awesome... totally Spirit-led with no hymnals or words on the wall and no Bibles... but we sang beautifully and also shared several scriptures... probably the most meaningful for me was when Jonathan shared the beautitudes... and of course sharing in the Lord's Supper together.

Man was I tired this morning but I was at the UCM by 8:30!!! (I know that is hard to believe!) Mostly I have to get ready for lunch (which means doing some cleaning and organizing of the kitchen, getting ice, running a couple of errands while I am out, etc).

It's kinda quiet right now. Listening to Derek Webb's Mockingbird and boiling water for the tea...

That's my day so far... how's yours?!?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?