Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

C4 next?

Last night I went to OKC to hear Rob Bell (of NOOMA video fame) speak at the Diamond Ballroom. (If only I had my camera with me to show you where this place is... although some of you may already know!) Bell is the pastor at Mars Hill in Michigan and he is currently on a speaking tour.

Bell's talk was nearly two hours long and although it was very good, it was hot inside the ballroom. They shut the AC off about twenty minutes into his talk because the back half of the room could barely hear the presentation.

I can't even begin to cover all the topics Bell discussed. He began with a commentary Genesis 1 (basic inductive Bible study stuff, but excellent presentation!) and then moved to talking about astronomy and the vastness of the universe. He quickly began discussing sub-atomic theory and then string theory. About that time I began to nod off due to the heat. I know he talked about the resurrection of Jesus and wrapped the whole thing up by talking about sabbath and "being" a disciple (in addition to the "doing" of the Christian faith.)

I will have to start listening to this guy's messages online, and if I lived in Michigan, I would definitely check out this church.

But tomorrow I will be speaking at this church:



Have a good Saturday. Say a few prayers for the Middle East

Comments:
wahoo diamond ballroom---yup been there..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?