Monday, August 14, 2006

 

So you can see clergy lead very exciting lives:

Sometimes people ask, "What do you do as minister?" They mean, besides preach, what do you do.

Well, today I had a required clergy meeting (10am-12:30pm) which consisted of mostly listening to info about things happening in Oklahoma in the United Methodist Church, expectations of our District Superintendent, and finding out about various reports that we as clergy have to fill out and submit. More and more of our reports can be done online, which is a good thing.

Then I had a 2 1/2 hour lunch with a group of clergy I meet with. I am the facilitator of the group. The clergy are required to meet with a mentor (that's me) until they reach a certain point in the ordination process. We meet four times a year.

That has been my day so far.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?