Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

snakes in ada

Last night I was reminded of what one of my professors said in seminary. It was during my first semester at Asbury*. Dr. Seamands was the dean of the chapel that year, and during one chapel he said that you never knew what was going to happen in chapel. Students would often ask in the hallways, "Who is speaking today?" or "Do you think chapel will be good today?"

Seamands believed you should go to worship because it was the right thing to do and God is always there... and you can't predict whether you will "like it or not" or "get anything out of it."

Last night I went to a local church that has two Saturday evening services. The band that normally plays wasn't there, so I got to worship with Doug Matlock and his band. I really like their style. I was really glad I went. At 6:50 I could never have predicted it.

We just can't put God in a box.

And we have to be open to what God is doing at all times or we miss out.

That's all.

*This weekend is the 40th anniversary of Star Trek, which I didn't start watching until I went to seminary. The Next Generation was a huge deal among the seminary nerds on the second floor of Grice dorm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?